Summer is here and with that comes warm days and crisp cool evenings perfect for enjoying the Colorado sky. With longer days and warmer temperatures, our thoughts turn to hiking and biking, graduation parties, and Sunday barbecues with friends and family. As notions turn to outdoor activities and summer fun, so should our plans for preparing our outdoor living spaces (and home) for sunny days and warm summer evenings in southern Colorado.
- Check your yard and around your foundation for low spots that may collect rain water
- With Mother’s Day and risk of freezing temperatures behind us, clean out planting beds and containers, replace last year’s planting soil or mulch, and get those flowers in the ground!
- Seal air leaks with color matched exterior caulk
- Check and repair your sprinkler system
- Tune up the lawn mower and make sure it’s full of gas and oil
- Service the air conditioner and replace the filter
- Check foundation and eave vents for obstruction and winter damage
- Check and repair worn and chipped exterior paint
- Clean gutters of fall leaves and pine needles
- Wash lawn furniture and cushions with a mild laundry detergent
- Clean deck and patio stains with a mild laundry detergent
- Clean and fill bird feeders and fill them. Don’t forget the hummingbird feeders!
- Clean the grill and refill the propane tank
- Stock the freezer and pantry with easy to prepare snacks and meals for impromptu gatherings
With your summer home maintenance in order, you can now focus your efforts on how to have fun. For this, we suggest checking out all the fun things to do in Colorado Springs where summertime fun is at its best.
About Jayden Homes: Celebrating over three decades in Colorado Springs, second-generation Jayden Homes, builds award-winning homes (and award-winning relationships) in El Paso, Elbert, and Douglas counties. A quality conscious Colorado Springs custom home builder with an emphasis on establishing a close working partnership with our clients, Jayden Homes is dedicated to providing an extraordinary home building experience with a well thought out process that allows for less waste and a more efficient method to the construction of your custom home. Building a custom home in Colorado Springs is a life event! Accredited by the Better Business Bureau and active members of the Housing and Building Association, we believe that communication and education are the keys to a successful home building relationship with our clients. From selection of your homesite to placement of your home to design and construction, Jayden Homes will walk hand-in-hand with you to provide you with a home worthy of our mantra, “New Memories Coming Soon!”