September 18, 2018 – WINTER IS COMING! And for those of you new to Colorado Springs, that means changing weather that can go from a beautiful fall day to freezing temperatures and blowing snow. Jayden Homes builds homes of uncompromising quality which include freeze proof exterior faucets. However, our number one recommendation for this time of year, is to disconnect hoses from exterior faucets and drain your sprinkler systems to avoid unwanted damage to interior pipes and weather sensitive sprinkler parts and lines. A little fall home maintenance goes a long way.
Other Fall Maintenance Tips to schedule before the snowflakes fall in the foothills include:
- Annual cleaning and service of fireplaces
- Annual cleaning of furnaces
- Replace furnace filter (we suggest doing this monthly)
- Clear gutters of leaves and pine needles
- Weather strip doors
- Check and repair caulk around windows
- Test snowblower and make sure you have gas
- Change batteries in smoke detectors
- Seal concrete driveways and patios with a water sealant likes Thompson’s Water Sealant
- Clean and cover patio furniture
- Apply a fall fertilizer to trees and shrubs
About Jayden Homes: Celebrating over three decades in Colorado Springs, second-generation Jayden Homes, builds award-winning homes (and award-winning relationships) in El Paso, Elbert, and Douglas counties. A quality conscious custom homebuilder with an emphasis on establishing a close working partnership with our clients, Jayden Homes is dedicated to providing an extraordinary home building experience with a well thought-out process that allows for less waste and a more efficient method to the construction of your custom home.
Building a custom home is a life event! Accredited by the Better Business Bureau and active members of the Housing and Building Association, we believe that communication and education are the keys to a successful home building relationship with our clients. From selection of your homesite to placement of your home to design and construction, Jayden Homes will walk hand-in-hand with you to provide you with a home worthy of our mantra, “New Memories Coming Soon!”